What more do you need in a weekend? Okay okay, so we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel this weekend, but hey. It’s Friday. Cut us some slack.
- 2010 Oscar Shorts. The Belcourt, times vary. Stop by The Belcourt at some point this weekend to catch one of two 2010 Oscar Shorts offerings – 2010 Oscar Shorts: Animated Program and 2010 Oscar Shorts: Live Action Program. Each set of short films will show several times over the entire weekend. Click here to see showtimes.
- Films at the Frist: 300. Frist Center, 7pm, free. The Frist will screen 300 tonight in conjunction with their brand new exhibit Heroes: Mortals and Myths in Ancient Greece. 300 is the first of four FREE film screenings.
- SEC Men’s Basketball Tournament. Bridgestone Arena, Thursday-Sunday. It’s happening, and it’s clogging up traffic. Unless you’re going to the tournament, steer clear of downtown!
- Chile Aid Event. Second Presbyterian Church (Belmont Blvd), 5-8pm, suggested donation $15. Chilean artists, songwriters and authors will appear at this fundraiser to aid earthquake relief in Chile.
- Franklin Main Street Brew Fest. Main Street, 6-9pm, $30 advance/$35 day of. Sample more than 40 beers and Irish Whiskeys at the Franklin Main Street Brew Fest (formerly Féile Franklin) this Saturday. Beer speaks for itself, do we really need to say any more?
- From Nashville With Love. Nashville Farmer’s Market, 5-8pm, $15. Join Chef Andrew Hunter of The Acorn Restaurant (speaking of The Acorn, they’re today’s Groupon!) to enjoy food, wine, music and a silent auction, all benefitting Haiti’s Visitation Hospital.
Photo by rcrowley.
- The Weekendist: Even More Benefits (And Some Art) Edition
- The Weekendist: Benefits Upon Benefits Upon Benefits Edition [Flood 2010]
- The Weekendist: “That” Time Of Year Edition
- The Weekendist: Madness In March Edition
- The Weekendist: Sixty What? Edition