- The Tennessee State Fair is back! We thought it was dead ‘n’ gone with the passing of the State Fairgrounds, but since the Fairgrounds have an extension, so does the Fair. More good news is that a private company will be running it so hopefully it won’t suck as much. [Tennessean]
- Nashville is safe. Nashville is safe. Nashville is very, very safe. [City Paper]
- Preds tickets sales have increased by about 10% during the Winter Olympics, presumably because many fine folks in Tennessee are just now discovering ice hockey, as a sport. [Post Business]
- Our students might not be able to pass their state evaluations, but darn it, they will know entertainment law like the back of their hands because this is Music City. [WTVF]
- The main stretch of 2nd Avenue between Broadway and Commerce will be shut down this week with gaping holes in the street while Metro crews fix our 100+ year-old water system. Plan accordingly. [WKRN]
- One member of the UT Board of Trustees is not so sure about this whole giving-an-honorary-doctorate-to-Al-Gore thing because Al Gore and his Nobel Prize are Very Controversial. (Dolly Parton, however, was okay.) [WSMV]
Photo by Chad Lunn.
- Looking Ahead: What’s In Store For The Tennessee State Fair?
- Fresh-Faced Tennessee State Fair Opens Tonight With Free Admission
- State Fair: Say Wha?
- Bright & Early: Take Us Out To The Fair Edition
- Happy Hour: State Of The State Of The State