Good morning, Nashville. So how about that surprise snowstorm last night? Here we were expecting a small dusting and then the sky started falling. After all the slush clears out this morning, we’ll see temperatures drop from Cold to Very Cold. According to the weatherfolk over at Nashville WX, we could have another Situation brewing towards the end of the month. In the meantime, we’re looking at some more wintry weather on Friday and then maybe some more next week and… oi. We’re pretty much going to have snow coming out our ears by the end of February.
- Vetoing the veto. Governor Phil’s calorie count bill veto was overridden in the state House yesterday after being overridden in the Senate as well. The bill would require that only elected officials, rather than appointed health boards, could decide whether or not to require restaurants to post calorie counts.
- Library merge. Metro school libraries could soon be merged with Nashville’s public library system once the program is tested out in three local high schools. The plan has been in the works for about a year now, and Mayor Dean will announce the pilot program today.
- Bits & pieces. A Dickson man found $72,000 in cash and checks lying around in the snow and returned it to the nursing home it belonged to … People are still trying to save the Fairgrounds … News Channel 5 is getting called out all over the internet this morning for a controversial investigative piece on an Islamic community in Tennessee.
Photo by Paul Nicholson.
- Bright & Early: Enough Already Edition
- Bright & Early: #toocoldtotweet Edition
- Bright & Early: The More You Know Edition