- TDOT has whipped out some brand spankin’ new technology to keep the roads ice-free this year: Beet juice. Basically, it just makes everything stickier so that the salt will stay in place longer. The downside is that our cars will be covered in salt and beet juice and that’s gross. [WSMV]
- A furniture store in Donelson is giving away Christmas trees to families who may not be able to afford them. Originally the trees were included for free with any furniture purchase, but they’ve decided to put the leftovers to good use. [WKRN]
- The Tennessee Highway Patrol has scheduled 100 checkpoints through the end of the year across the state, so don’t be the jerk caught driving around drunk. Actually, just don’t drive drunk at all. [WTVF]
- If you watched the game yesterday, you might’ve seen Keith Bulluck doubling over after a touchdown. Turns out he’s out for the rest of the season. [Tennessean]
- Carrie Underwood is gettin’ hitched to that hockey player who is not a Pred! Clearly she is mistaken. [WKRN]
- The parent company of The Zone and WKDF filed for bankruptcy yesterday. [WKRN]
Photo by Dave or Atox.