Good morning, Nashville. We’ve got so many big-hearted folks with amazing ideas here in Nashville, and this morning we were proud to see one of those folks featured on the front page of CNN. Over the weekend, Nashville photographer Jeremy Cowart joined 7,000 photographers in 55 countries to provide free professional portraits for families and individuals struggling with poverty and disease. When the idea started with Cowart several months ago, other professional photographers around the world caught on and decided to make it happen. Cowart’s own session happened at Rocketown with volunteers providing professional hair and makeup throughout the day. The project, Help Portrait, hopes to give people a sense of value, beauty, and dignity through photography.
- Who saw this one coming? Financial experts predict that finding private funding sources for the Music City Center convention hotel is going to be a tough sell. The hotel was part of the original plan for the convention center, but because money is tight, Mayor Dean decided it would be best to hold off and find someone else to pay for it besides the city.
- Vince Young down for the count. The Titans made out like bandits against the Rams over the weekend, but not without casualty. Vince Young left with a knee injury in the second quarter and was replaced by Kerry Collins, who somehow still managed a 47-7 victory. The injury is said to be mild, but whether or not Young starts next weekend is iffy..
- Bits & pieces. Longtime U.S. Rep. Bart Gordon announced his retirement this morning … Williamson County is the least fat county in Tennessee … Some Tennessee National Guard troops might not make it home for Christmas thanks to some funding falling through … East Tennessee is still falling apart with some more rock slides.
Photo by breezy421.
- Bright & Early: Them’s Fightin’ Words Edition
- Happy Hour: Some Days Just Aren’t Worth Saving
- Bright & Early: Fierce Competition Edition