- A Metro police officer was indicted today for operating a gun-smuggling operation along with four other men to supply Guatemalan drug cartels with weapons. He could face up to 10 years in prison, up to $1 million in fines, and possibly deportation because he’s a naturalized citizen. [WPLN]
- The Tennessee Higher Education Commission is reporting that 50% of Tennessean college students with the HOPE scholarship are losing the award within their first year of school. Students were originally required to maintain a 3.0 GPA to keep the scholarship until the Legislature lowered it to 2.75 in hopes of saving some students. [WSMV]
- Looks like the fall weather is here to stay! And the leaves, they are a-changin’. [Nashville WX]
- Congrats to our friends Nicholas Holland and Jackson Miller whose gpsAssassin iPhone game made it onto TechCrunch this morning. [TechCrunch]
- 83-year old State Senator Douglas Henry might be getting a run for his money in this year’s Democratic primary, where a 32-year old lawyer has just announced plans to run against him. Sen. Henry has served in the Senate for 39 years. [WSMV]
Photo by cdumo.