- Mayor Dean signed the controversial non-discrimination ordinance today expressly banning Metro from discriminating against its employees based on sexual orientation or gender identity. [Out & About]
- The Metro Planning Commission will decide in two weeks whether or not the “second downtown” Bells Bend development project will get one final shot at succeeding before the commission. [WSMV]
- A judge ruled today that Mechelle McNair will receive the full $670,000 that she requested from Steve McNair’s estate. His two oldest sons are headed to court soon to request their own shares. [WTVF & WZTV]
- The Tennessee Board of Regents is reporting increases of 5% in 4-year university enrollment and almost 15% in community college enrollment since last fall. [WTVF]
- Metro will soon be buying up an old car lot on Charlotte Avenue to build that shiny new DNA crime lab that was promised to the West Precinct. [City Paper]
Photo by sunndog18.