- A 5-year old Antioch boy died as a result of the swine flu. [WSMV]
- Though the regular flu vaccine is already available, the CDC says that the H1N1-specific vaccine won’t be on the market until October. According to Google Flu Trends, Tennessee and the surrounding states seem to be already experiencing more flu cases than the rest of the country. [WKRN]
- A barge in Ashland City crashed into a bridge and sank into the Cumberland River this morning. [WSMV]
- An observant Nashvillian noticed a nasty, milky white substance is leaking into Richland Creek which turned out to be crushed limestone from a nearby facility. Officials are investigating since the material is well outside of permit limits. [WSMV]
- If you haven’t had enough of the public art debate today, the Tennessean has some more information about the approved project. [Tennessean]
Photo by Marshall Astor.