- Starting off the long weekend with some happy news, Metro Police Sgt. Mark Chesnut has been upgraded to stable condition after undergoing multiple surgeries for gunshot wounds sustained earlier this week. [WTVF]
- The guns-for-circus-tickets campaign was a success, collecting almost 100 guns this week. [WKRN]
- A camp for troubled kids was kicked off of its land by none other than Brad Paisley, who bought the land a few years ago and told them they wouldn’t need to worry about moving. They were then told to relocate by Paisley’s financial manager because the land was to be used for a bus parking garage. Paisley’s publicist said that it was actually for insurance purposes. Drama! [WSMV]
- Speaking of country music drama, Kid Rock and Kellie Pickler are totally NOT dating and Keith & Nicole are totally NOT pregnant again. Just doing our part to dispel the rumors and help y’all sleep at night. [Country Music Tattle Tale & The Sun]
- The feds have given the TVA permission to dump all of that nasty toxic ash in one of the poorest counties in Alabama, effective immediately, and now everyone is upset. [WTVF]
- We forgot to tell you yesterday that your water bills are going up by $3 to offset the cost of the storm drain makeover. [WSMV]
Photo by rumielf.