- Lots of big news today, not the least of which is GM’s choice of Michigan over Spring Hill for building its new small car. Consequently the Spring Hill plant, which employs more than 3,000 people, will be taking an indefinite hiatus later this year. More details to come at tomorrow morning’s press conference. [WKRN]
- Also on the sad news front, a Metro police officer was shot in the head and chest today on I-40 in Bellevue during a routine traffic stop. Sgt. Mark Chesnut is in critical condition at Vanderbilt and both suspects are in custody. [WKRN]
- The TVA released their gigantic report about why the Kingston ash spill happened and it’s super-long, but we expect we’ll be hearing some analysis over the next few days. [TVA]
- Davidson and Williamson were both among the 88 Tennessee counties (out of 95!) whose unemployment rates worsened last month. [Tennessean]
- The Dunkin Donuts franchisee who owns several of the stores around here has filed for Chapter 11. [Tennessean]
- And wow, RIP Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. 🙁 [TMZ]
Photo by piermario.