If you’ve been following us for a while, you know that we at Nashvillest can never resist a good piece of John Rich news. Last night during a CMA-inspired segment on Larry King Live, he hinted about some aspirations to run for governor of Tennessee (thanks to Frank S. for the tip!) Although we feel like this is one of the worst ideas we’ve ever heard, we’re now banking on a John Rich vs. Tim McGraw throwdown in 2010. From the segment:
RICH: But I have a good time, man. I’m not one of the guys that lives in a cave and never comes out of the house. I go right out in the middle of the public and have some fun. And I’m thinking about running for governor of Tennessee in 2010 right now, so, you know, be watching.
- John Rich introduces “Raisin’ McCain” to the world
- John Rich gets accosted by some Obama supporters
- John Rich constructs a giant eyesore on Love Circle
- John Rich makes a citizen’s arrest in Vegas
- John Rich smashes some guy in the face with a beer bottle 24 hours later (“The little guy hit me!”)
- John Rich somehow gets married
- John Rich writes another bad song about the auto industry bailout
- John Rich is bummed that no one wants to pay $8,000 for a private show
- John Rich gets sued by a former Nashville Star contestant
- John Rich gets kicked out of Cafe Coco for being a rowdy
Photo by freddthompson.