- Some of you were all a-twitter this morning about a power outage in Cool Springs and Brentwood. The culprit? Some birds playing a little too close to the substation. [Tennessean]
- For the folks going to Bonnaroo this year, Jimmy Buffet will be making an appearance, or so says band member Nadirah Shakoor’s Twitter. [Tennessean]
- Senator Lamar Alexander decided he’d put in enough sweat and tears on the whole car industry crisis that he deserved an award–so he gave himself the “Car Czar” award for his efforts to salvage Spring Hill. [Post Politics]
- Oh no, our state is running out of license plate combinations! [In Session]
- Lots of kids are being disappointed because everyone is too broke to sponsor Little League baseball teams. [WKRN]
- Donelson could have a downtown soon? [WTVF]
- Though there are no Nashville ties in this one, our hearts do go out to the family of the security guard who was fatally shot at the US Holocaust Museum in DC today. [Tennessean]
Photo by The Joy of the Mundane.