- Nashville lost a hero yesterday. Eddie Jones, the man responsible for legalizing liquor by the drink in Nashville, passed away on Sunday at the age of 85. [Tennessean]
- After accidentally hiring someone wanted on child sex charges (oops!), Metro Nashville Public Schools have wisely decided to look back over the other 4,800 support staff they currently employ. [WZTV]
- The city’s syphilis rates have doubled in the past two years. Gross? [WSMV]
- We already mentioned how some VA hospitals, including the one in Murfreesboro, accidentally exposed some patients to Hepatitis B and C. It now looks as though they also accidentally gave someone HIV. [Tennessean]
- If you haven’t already, bring in those plants! [WKRN]
Photo by pr9000.