Happy Mule Day! And tomorrow, happy Mule Day! Did you know that in Columbia, TN, just a stone’s throw away, it’s been Mule Day since March 30 – and will continue to be Mule Day until Sunday. The weekend is heavy with Mule-y events like mule pulling, knife auctions, mule parades, square dancing (hopefully not by the mules), clogging (ditto), and boy, could we go on and on. So uh, take a little field trip this weekend. And let us know how it is.
- Southern Women’s Show. 10am-8pm Friday, 10am-7pm Saturday, 10am-6pm Sunday at the Nashville Convention Center. Tickets are $10 at the door.
- Brian Regan at The Ryman. 8pm, tickets range from $35.50-$40.50.
- Tin Pan South. 6:30pm & 9:30pm shows every night through the weekend.
- Music City Mayhem. Doors at 4pm, show at 7pm, Yazoo Brewery. Lightning 100 has arrived at their Final Four in their Music City Mayhem contest between a whole bunch of local musicians. Maureen Murphy, Daniel Ellsworth, Parachute Musical and Moon Taxi will be playing at Yazoo tonight, and it’s free!
- The Privates’ CD Release Show. 9pm at The Basement, 21+, $10.
- Nashville’s Smallest Art Gallery. Any time, any day, Hillsboro Village. Nashville’s Smallest Art Gallery, which we’ve featured before, has a new show on display in their display case that hangs out in Hillsboro Village by Posh. If you’ve been meaning to check it out, now’s a great time.
- Mule Day. Just click for more info, please.
- First Saturday Art Crawl. 6pm-9pm, The Arcade.
- Nashville Predators vs. Columbus Blue Jackets. 7pm at the Sommet Center.
- Community Hymn Sing with the Nashville Symphony. 2:30pm & 7:30pm at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center, Laura Turner Hall. Jars of Clay, Wintley Phipps, Phil Keaggy and Heather Headley will join conductor David Hamilton and the Nashville Symphony for a community hymn sing this Sunday. Tickets start at $12.50.
Photo by chrischapman.