There’s a lot of big-name acts coming through Nashville in the coming weeks. It seems like today is the day for presales, too – We’ve got Elvis Costello, Keith Urban and another round of Death Cab For Cutie tickets going on sale today, and a Metallica presale tomorrow. But along with the presales, this week has also been heavy with big announcements of other music-related stuff. Here’s a quick rundown of concert news & info:
- Keith Urban with Sugarland presale tickets go on sale today at 10am for the August 29 show at the Sommet Center. The presale password is ESCAPE, and you can use it to get tickets here.
- Death Cab For Cutie added a 2nd show at the Ryman after selling out their May 4 date. The new show is May 3, and presale tickets go on sale today at 10am. Lightning 100 has the password and ticket link.
- Elvis Costello is playing the Ryman on June 16, and Lightning 100 can also hook you up with that presale password and ticket link, today at 10am.
- Metallica presale tickets go on sale Friday at 10am for their September 14 show at the Sommet Center. The presale password is ONE, and you can use it to get tickets here.
- Phil Vassar is playing a free show on April 10 outside the Hard Rock Cafe around 10:30pm. So far, reports have been tentative, but let’s just say we’re very confident that this is going to happen.
- Steve Martin (yes, that Steve Martin) will be playing the Opry on May 30, along with Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Stuart Duncan, Tim O’Brien and John McEuen of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Um, we’re pretty excited about this.
- T.I. will be playing Rites of Spring on April 17, before he heads to the pen. At least one Nashvillest editor will be there. You can take your best guess as to which one it will be.
- Grimey’s has announced a killer lineup for Record Store Day on April 18, including free outdoor performances by The Avett Brothers and MuteMath. We’re already trying to figure out where we’re going to park.
- Snow Patrol has been announced as the opener for Coldplay‘s June 6 show at the Sommet Center. We’re not really sure if anyone cares, but we thought we’d fill you in anyway.
Thanks to C. Sledge for a couple presale tips!