Just because St. Patrick’s Day isn’t until Tuesday doesn’t mean that we can’t start partying early. This weekend is full of Saint Patty’s fun… and most importantly, beer. We’ll be back with a special Tuesday roundup of more St. Patrick’s Day events, but get a head start by filling up on green beer at Féile Franklin this Saturday.
- The Goon 10th Anniversary Party. Cannery Ballroom, 7pm. We don’t know much about The Goon, but we do know that Calabrese, Ghoultown and The Protomen are playing, which is good enough for us. Plus, we hear that there will be all sorts of surprises and special appearances. Tickets are $10.
- King Khan & The Shrines with Golden Triangles and The Deep Vibration. Exit/In, 9pm. We’ve heard lots about the amazing live show that King Khan & the Shrines put on, and we’re kind of bummed that we can’t make it out to this one. But if you can make it, then we’d love to live vicariously through you.
- Nashville Opera presents Mozart’s The Magic Flute. Country Music Hall Of Fame, 2pm, FREE! Families are welcome at this short (45 min) presentation of Mozart’s The Magic Flute by the Nashville Opera. And it’s free!
- Nashville Rollergirls Vs. Tampa Tantrums. Tennessee State Fairgrounds, 6pm. Catch the Rollergirls’ second bout of the year against the Tampa Tantrums. This is their first WFTDA-sanctioned bout, which counts toward their national ranking. So show some support! Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the doors.
- Superdrag with Mic Harrison & The High Score and The Privates. Exit/in, 9pm. Yeah, we said Superdrag. These good ol’ boys are making music again, and their new album, Industry Giants, comes out on St. Patrick’s Day. They’re playing a handful of tour dates this month, and they hit Nashville on Saturday night.
- Féile Franklin 2009. Franklin’s Historic Main Street, 12pm-9pm. Franklin’s traditional Celtic street festival, with a ticketed beer & Irish whiskey tasting ($30/$35 door) beginning at 6pm. Food, music, dancing, and more!
- Belmont Mansion Celebrates Adelicia Acklen’s Birthday. Belmont Mansion, 1pm-4pm, FREE! We spent years on Belmont University’s campus and never managed to tour the inside of the Belmont Mansion. But on Sunday from 1-4pm, the Belmont Mansion is free and open to the public in honor of Adelicia Acklen’s birthday. And it includes birthday cake. What could be better?
- WinterJam Tour Spectacular. Sommet Center, 5pm. There’s something for everyone this weekend, so haul your youth groups out and get down to the Sommet Center to see the biggest CCM tour of the year, featuring tobyMac, Hawk Nelson, The Afters, NewSong, Francesca Battistelli, pureNRG, Stephanie Smith, & Guest Speaker Tony Nolan. Whew, what a mouthful. $10 at the door.
Photo by MoHotta18.