- Reviews of today’s winter storm include “puny” and “a bust.” Yep, that about sums it up! [WZTV]
- In case you haven’t heard, Jack White is forming a new band called The Dead Weather and opening an office here in Nashville that’ll be home to his new record label, vinyl store, photo studio, dark room, and performance stage. We’re just bummed because he obvs forgot to throw in a coffee shop, swimming pool, burlesque lounge, rock climbing wall, and paint-your-own-pottery studio. (Thanks to all who sent the tip!) [Metromix Nashville]
- The sicko that shot up Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist church in Knoxville last year still maintains he was doing the world a favor. [WZTV]
- The Senate passed a bill today banning city and county government to establish living wages for employees of contractors because we’re, uh, too broke to pay people enough to actually live on. [Pith In The Wind]
- But the state did manage to approve a $25 increase for weekly unemployment checks using some of that stimulus money we’ve been hearing about. [WTVF]
- Albert Haynesworth can get away from the Titans, but his reckless driving charges for an accident that crippled a young man certainly won’t go away. Today he was charged with two misdemeanors that might set him back, oh, $550 and six months in jail? That’ll hurt. [WSMV]
Photo by travischurch.