- The Tennessee Baptist Convention has thrown their collective weight behind the fight against wine in grocery stores, meaning that they’ve actually linked arms with the Tennessee Wine & Spirits Retailers Association. Hell might have just frozen over. [Tennessean]
- “Nearly one in six Tennesseans has told a joke about Barack Obama’s race, and three-fourths say they’ve heard or read at least one, even though only 15 percent of Tennesseans say they would find such a joke funny.” Ouch. [Post Politics]
- Headline of the day: “Man Distracted By Cher Shoots Wife.” [WSMV]
- The Tennessee Board of Regents worries about the approximately $500K it would cost every year to weed out illegal immigrants from public universities if this new bill passes. [Tennessean]
- A fund has been set up for the kid who got side-swiped by ex-Titan Albert “Speedy” Haynesworth in December. While Albert is chilling in DC as the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL, this guy can’t walk, work, or pay any of his bills. [Tennessean]
Photo by Malcolm MacGregor.