- In higher education news: Vandy’s leaders are really raking in the dough while MTSU is shelling out $10K to try to rake in the dough. [Tennessean & Nashville Is Talking]
- Sen. Jim Tracy of Shelbyville has a proposal he thinks could save us a million bucks in Tennessee: He wants state buildings to replace the bulbs in vending machines with energy efficient ones. We could get on board with that! [WSMV]
- The Metro Council is still trying to sort out how we may be losing the Nashville adult literacy program to keep some pools open. [City Paper]
- We’re getting another Publix! This time in the Nashville West shopping center. [Tennessean]
- WSMV definitely wins the headline of the day today: Kenny Chesney At Peace With Baldness. [WSMV]
- Congratulations, Bellevue! You’ve finally got curbside recycling. [Nashville Is Talking]
- Looking for a way to help out the community today? Buy some Girl Scout cookies. You know… for the, um, children. [WKRN]
Photo by nick.key.