- Titans defensive back Michael Griffin is Pro Bowl-bound after Baltimore’s Ed Reed decided last-minute not to play (as they say, karma’s a b%$#@) This brings the total up to 8 Titans players headed to Hawaii. [City Paper]
- Didn’t get enough snow and ice and wintery destruction this morning? Check out WSMV’s slideshows of viewer-submitted pictures. [WSMV]
- Layoffs? Fine. Bailouts? Sure. Forced unpaid “vacations?” Whatever. But when the USPS starts talking about cutting out our Saturday mail, we know it must be bad. [Tennessean]
- The mailmen aren’t the only ones suffering, though. Vanderbilt may have lost $1B of their $3.5B endowment. (Update: Check the comments for the full text of a special letter sent out today to students and faculty by Chancellor Zeppos. – Thanks to Justin for the tip!) [Tennessean]
- Oh, and also, the US House voted down the extension on the digital conversion that the Senate approved earlier this week. Translation: You really are going to have to get a new TV. [WKRN]
Photo by Lindsay Poma.