- Icy icy doom might be in the cards for us tonight, or at least we can hope. Uncharacteristically, schools across the midstate aren’t canceling anything until they know what the forecast says. Sorry, kids. [Tennessean]
- Remember that $6,000 painting from this morning that someone donated to Goodwill? It finally went to the highest bidder the tune of $8,000. [WSMV]
- Word on the street is that Councilman Eric Crafton might be collaborating with the very folks who fiercely opposed his English Only amendment to create a program that would allow businesses to donate money for hiring more ESL teachers at the Cohn Adult Learning Center–proving that hell might have, in fact, frozen over. [Post Politics]
- The TVA blames it all on the Federal Government. [Pith In The Wind]
- Caterpillar, Inc. is cutting 20,000 jobs over the next few months. Since their financial HQ sits right here in Nashville, we can’t imagine that’s good news for us. [WKRN]
Photo by neuski.