- As you might have figured out from our absence today, we’ve been totally sidetracked by the chaos on Capitol Hill that ensued after Rep. Jason Mumpower lost the Speaker of the House vote that everyone thought he had in the bag. And mostly because some n00b pressed the wrong button. [Nashville Is Talking, Nashville Post, & Wonkette]
- Councilman Eric Crafton was apparently making the rounds today, appearing on the Fox News morning show Fox & Friends and later on Lou Dobbs’ radio show. Which almost makes it more interesting that he can’t find time to debate David Briley on NPT. [Fox News]
- Meanwhile, the wives of Gov. Bredesen, Mayor Dean, and Rep. Jim Cooper led a 2-mile walk to the early voting site from the Metro Courthouse this morning to vote against the English Only charter amendment. [Tennessean]
- We mentioned this morning that the Kingston ash spill was costing the TVA over a million dollars a day in cleanup, much of which is coming out of the state’s pockets, and now the state is sending the clear message to the TVA that they will need to be reimbursed for every penny. [WSMV]
- Two men took a bit of a tumble out of a third-story window at the Opryland Hotel early this morning. Both of them are in the hospital and no one seems to know why it happened. [WKRN]
Photo by Matt Mikulla.