Sad to say it, but the last of the year’s Mixed Reviews By People Who Don’t Live Here are pretty dang depressing, with a tiny silver lining mixed in. Kind of reminds us of 2008. Here’s to a new year!
- Tennessee ranks 15th in the nation for Year-Over-Year Population Growth.
- US News And World Report ranked Nashville 7th Best Place to Retire.
- Tennessee was voted “Most Improved” (that’s numba 1, baby!) in campaign finance by the Campaign Disclosure Project.
- Nashville is the 20th most “Eventful” city (according to Eventful.com, at least).
- Ouch. Our Tennessee nursing homes ranked 3rd worst in the country. Only Louisiana and Georgia have more terrible nursing homes than us, which we suppose is the good news.
- Tennessee foreclosures went down in November, which is fine and dandy, except we’re still ranked 19th in the nation for foreclosures. Better than 9th?
- We’re first place… In per-capita federal bankruptcy filings. Uh oh.
- Tennessee is in the Top 10 states for auto loan delinquencies.
- Tennessee is tied for 2nd place in bioterror/disaster-preparedness. And that’s the silver lining.