Good morning, Nashville. The Republican National Convention wrapped up last night, and Tennessee definitely left its mark. In case you missed Marsha Blackburn and Bill Frist, you can catch their speeches on YouTube here and here. More importantly, you may have also missed the John Rich’s “Raisin’ McCain” that closed out McCain’s big speech last night, though it wasn’t quite as good as the live performance the night before which seemed to have everyone shakin’ it like a Polaroid picture. Lucky for us, that too is on YouTube.
- Going country. Jessica Simpson will be taking the stage at the Opry tomorrow night just days before her big country debut Do You Know hits shelves on Tuesday. She says she’s getting butterflies, but she’s excited because the songs really speak from her heart. We can’t wait.
- Drama. A Davidson County judge ruled against putting the English First initiative up for a November vote, but supporters of the ordinance have vowed not to let it die.
- Bits & pieces. Vandy took down South Carolina last night 24-17 in the SEC opener … The guy that grabbed Cher earlier this summer outside of Tootsie’s downtown decided to waive his hearing and faces charges of disorderly conduct for his drunken stunt … Mr. Tim tells us we’re going to get rain today, and we also like his tie.
Photo by NewsHour.
- Bright & Early: Pink Slip Thursday Edition
- Bright & Early: Money On The Mind Edition
- Bright & Early: The Saga Continues Edition
- Bright & Early: Business As Usual Edition