- In the wake of the Robert Novak’s brain tumor diagnosis and abrupt retirement on Sunday, Tom Brokaw has been tapped to moderate the presidential debate at Belmont in Novak’s place. [WTVF]
- 25 Middle Tennessee schools got the nod to start serving fresh fruits and vegetables to students, funded by a federal grant. [WSMV]
- The Metro Human Relations Committee joined with the Metro Council last night to publicly denounce Councilman Eric Crafton’s English First initiative. [via Post Politics]
- Looking for a job? You may want to check with Gibson Guitars, who are in the process of adding 200 positions to keep the peace on their Second Life island keep up with the growth of the company. [Nashville Business Journal]
- The deadline for state employees to accept the buyout offers is tonight at midnight. Good luck, Bredesen! [WKRN]
Photo by uifoundation.