- The English-only drama continues, this time with whisperings about the Metro Council formally asking voters to ignore Councilman Eric Crafton’s petition post cards and vote against the amendment when it inevitably shows up on the November ballot. [Tennessean]
- It’s been almost a year since the deadly Minneapolis bridge collapse, and TDOT is assuring us that Tennessee has “one of the best transportation systems in the nation.” Only 2.4% of the Interstate bridges are structurally deficient, and 4.7% of the state-owned bridges. We realize that’s pretty good, but we still want to know which ones to stay away from. [WSMV]
- Believe it or not, Metro Nashville Public Schools are actually doing better under the No Child Left Behind requirements, most likely motivated by the impending state coup. [WKRN]
- After the Knoxville church shooting yesterday, police found a four-page letter in the suspect’s truck outlining his motivations, among which were the church’s acceptance of liberals and gay people. [Associated Press]
- Just another nail in the coffin of the Nashville Super Speedway: The track has been officially left out of the Indy Racing League schedule. [WSMV]
Photo by missbethd75.