Just what we needed, another search for the “next big thing” in country music (because Nashville Star isn’t enough). The appropriately-named “Music City Madness” contest is back for a third round on CMT.com. From CMT.com:
The search is on for the next Music City Madness winner. CMT.com offers the ultimate competition for unsigned artists and musicians representing the broad range of country music genres. The winner will fly to Nashville to tape their own Unplugged at Studio 330 performance and for their own private showcase with A&R executives from Warner Bros. Records Nashville. Plus, Grammy-award winning artist Randy Travis will mentor the winner. This contest could be your big chance, so find out how to submit your video. But don’t wait. The deadline for your submission is Oct. 6, 2008. Send your performance today and get on the road to Music City.
Previous winners include Stephanie Beck Williams and Katelyn Jolley (who just happens to be 13 years old as well). Yeah, we’ve never heard of them either.
- Out & About: Capture Music City Mini-Challenge
- Nashville’s Got Talent!: Capture Music City Drops Tonight [Shindigs & Celebrations]
- Win, Win, Win: Nashville Loves Contests
- Capture Music City: On The Home Stretch
- The Tennessean’s Toast Of Music City Is Back For Another Crispy Year