We were a little surprised when we strolled into the Tennessee Town Hall Meeting at the Ryman this afternoon expecting to see, well, John McCain but instead found one John we weren’t really prepared for: John Rich. As soon as he stepped onstage with his glittery guitar and trademark ‘stache, we knew we were in for a long afternoon. For being the one country musician that Nashvillians love to hate, he doesn’t seem to be getting any less popular.
We’ll just try to forget that we saw him desecrate a half-dozen Johnny Cash classics and only remember the part where John McCain totally impressed us.
For more photos from this afternoon’s event, check them out over here.
Photo by nashvillest.
- Raisin’ McCain: John Rich Approves This Message
- Storytime: ‘Raisin’ McCain’ Explained [John Rich]
- John Rich Is All Up In Our Christmas Parade [John Rich]
- John Rich To Maybe Run For Governor In 2010 [CMApocalypse]
- Raisin’ McCain At The Belmont Mansion [John Rich]