- The Preds punched their ticket for the third round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs with a 3-1 win over the St. Louis Blues (!!!). Still waiting to see if they will face the Edmonton Oilers or the Anaheim Ducks this week in the Western Conference Final (!!!!!!). Either way, brace for 9 p.m. start times.
- Coming as a shock to nobody, Dolly Parton is awesome. She is continuing to dole out support for families affected by last fall’s devastating wildfires in the Smoky Mountains.
- Fresh off the axe chase last week, apparently a man chased after his roommate with a machete in the Nations. Man, those LARPers are getting rowdy these days.
- A group of renters are protesting a surprise rent increase of almost an extra $800 a month in their West Nashville apartment after it was purchased by an investment group. Most will have to find new homes, and fast.
- Governor Haslam signed a “natural word meaning” bill late, which opponents say sets the basis for discrimination of same-sex couples.
- A proposed Ferris Wheel on riverfront is facing an uphill battle with the Metro Council. We are just curious if they’ll use parts of the unfinished roller coaster to build it.
- Former president (and dead for more than a century) James K. Polk will not be moving from Nashville to Columbia anytime soon.
- Georgia would like for Tennessee to stop sending them “drug treatment tourists”. Turns out, our stricter laws are sending folks south of the border for care.
- A 72 year-old woman has graduated (with honors!) from Tennessee State University. She took a few years off since her freshman year in 1962.
Photo by Christy Frink.