- Don’t y’all just hate Alaska, sometimes?
- Meanwhile in West Tennessee, a man was “found naked and hugging a fan.” And who could blame him? Anyway, there was maybe some meth involved and he left a trail of butt prints and neighbors hollering things like “Don’t look, Ethel!” in his wake before getting picked up by the police and taken to (hopefully an air conditioned) jail.
- A federal judge overturned the state court decision to keep the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro from opening, meaning that the facility will likely be up and running by sundown tonight which marks the start of Ramadan if it passes county inspection.
- Congratulations, Tennessee: We are currently tied with Alabama and Mississippi for being the worst state at carpooling.
- Shea Weber reportedly has a 14-year $100 million offer on the table from the Flyers and the Preds have one week to match it. Shea has been with the Preds since 2006.
- Opryland started decorating for Christmas yesterday!
- Metro Schools were forced to slice $3.5 million from their budget, and were actually able to increase starting salaries to $40,000 per year. They’ve also been making good use of the funds kicked back by the 53-cent property tax increase by using it to train more teachers ahead of the 2012 school year.
- Rutherford County residents are understandably kind of concerned about the gun range in their backyards.
Photo by us!