- Westboro Baptist Church’s protest at Cross Point this weekend sort of fizzled out when about 150 folks showed up to counterprotest and reportedly held up a 50-foot black plastic sheet to shield the church from Westboro’s signage.
- Thanks to their delicious nacho salad, veggie burger and grilled veggie wrap, Greer Stadium made PETA’s list of the Top 10 most vegetarian-friendly major- or minor-league baseball parks in the country.
- The hits keep coming for Young Buck, and not in a good way. After the IRS released a list of items to be auctioned later this month, Young Buck has now been sentenced to 18 months in prison on federal weapons charges.
- The Nashville Zoo’s 20-year old anaconda graduated to glory this weekend due to “age-related complications.” Zoo curators note that most anacondas can be kind of cranky, but this one had a charming disposition and she will be sorely missed.
- Taxi drama! While battling for permits, Volunteer Taxi is accusing newcomers Green Cab of simply being a front for the more established Checker Cab, so that they can get more cabs on the road.
- According to Forbes, Nashville ranks 11 out of 51 major US cities for stretching your paycheck.
- One woman who was in town for NAMM last weekend says she was bitten more than 200 times by bedbugs at the Howard Johnson hotel on Brick Church Pike. Yikes!
Photo by Keith Gallagher.