- Today is traditionally one of the busiest days of the year at the Nashville airport, as 20,000 fans try to simultaneously depart from Bonnaroo and CMA Music Fest. If you happen to be traveling today, arrive at least 2 hours before your flight and feel free to bring along your bingo card for entertainment.
- If you have ever turned on the radio in Nashville, you’re probably familiar with this three-way diamond ad battle.
- Two gentlemen have filed a lawsuit against the Kardashian sisters, claiming that they are on a “jihad” against them, harassing them at CMA Fest, Bonnaroo and in a Nashville McDonald’s parking lot. Read the full text of the suit if you need a little Monday morning pick-me-up.
- In other legal news, Nashville rapper WeeWee has filed a copyright infringement case against Memphis-based Yo Gotti and hahaha, peewee.
- Despite cooler-than-usual temperatures, nearly800 people were treated for heat issues from Thursday – Saturday at this year’s CMA Music Fest.
- Betty Superstein, mayor of Manchester TN, says that local Manchester businesses may actually be losing money the week of Bonnaroo as locals hole up at home to avoid traffic and stinky campers. Okay, she didn’t say that last part, but you get the point.
- Even the pets in Franklin pets are turning up their noses at the stinky water situation.
- Bits & pieces: Police stopped a man riding a lawnmower down I-65 last Thursday … Home sales in Tennessee hit the highest sales total since May 2008 … A bear visited UT’s campus for some higher education this weekend … “TN woman cited for praising lord too loudly,” says this headline … East Nashville may be getting a new waste management facility … Vanderbilt added a sixth helicopter to its fleet this weekend … Metro Public Works will begin charging anyone with more than two trash cans for curbside pickup on July 1 … A small aircraft crash-landed at Percy Priest Lake this weekend, but no one was injured.
Photo by Jon Erickson.