Good morning, Nashville. We’re freezing and behind schedule this morning, so here’s your abbreviated Bright & Early:
- First of all, did we mention we’re freezing? Not literally, of course… we’re saving that for tomorrow. A freeze warning has been issued for Friday morning, so bring in your plants! [Tennessean]
- The Titans are asking for $25 million in upgrades to LP Field to keep the stadium competitive with other more modern stadiums. The upgrades would be paid for with the $2-per-ticket fee that is already in place. [Tennessean]
- Tonight’s “Grey’s Anatomy” is based on a rare spine replacement surgery done last year at Vanderbilt. [WKRN]
- Our very own Bridgestone Arena ranked #4 in the country and #12 in the world for concert attendance by Pollstar Magazine, rising from 19th in the country in last year’s poll. Go Nashville! [WTVF]
- Ravenwood High School freshman Demin Zawity was not allowed to march in the school’s homecoming parade last month because of her religious head scarf. [WTVF]
- A site for the new Bellevue Library has been selected & approved, with plans to open the library in 2013. [City Paper]
Photo by Paul Beavers.