Good morning, Nashville. In a stroke of irony at its finest, state Representative Curry Todd, author of the infamous guns in bars bill, was arrested this week and charged with a DUI and possession of a handgun while under the influence. Imagine that! In other news:
- Jobs, jobs, jobs. Amazon is hiring 2,000 seasonal workers at a job fair in Lebanon today, so get to The Mill (in the 300 block of North Maple) before 2pm if you’re looking for seasonal employment.
- Shot. Vanderbilt successfully completed their quest to set the new world record for the most people vaccinated with a flu shot in an 8 hour period. 12,647 people donated their arms to the cause.
- Fifth & Main. 25 units in East Nashville’s Fifth & Main building will be on the auction block next month with prices starting at $95,000 (half the original sale price). Bargain condos, anyone? The auction will be held November 5 at 1pm at the Downtown Sheraton.
- Say cheese. The Davidson County Clerk will begin offering free photo IDs to drivers over 60 who don’t have a photo on their license, in response to the new state law requiring photo ID to vote. Drivers who currently have a photo-less license can visit the county clerk’s office on Second Avenue beginning October 17 through March 12 to receive their free upgrade. Unlicensed drivers seeking a free photo ID can obtain it at one of Nashville’s two full-service DMVs.
- Bits & pieces. An employee at Metro Water Services discovered a white powder that “tingled and burned” her fingertips on Tuesday, causing HAZMAT crews to show up and take samples for testing … Taylor Swift just became the youngest person to ever be named Billboard’s “Woman of the Year” … Kroger is recalling its Private Selection Extreme Moose Tracks ice cream for containing unlisted peanuts in ten states, including Tennessee … Gibson Guitar has hired lobbyists to change the laws on imported woods that keep getting them raided … Atlanta-based boutique Festivity is expanding to Nashville, opening their first location in Green Hills in early November and a second in Hillsboro Village next spring … State tourism officials announced the “Promised Land Trail” on Wednesday, the ninth of 16 driving trails in the Discover Tennessee Trails & Byways program … If you’ve ever wanted a peek inside Mt. Richmore, just cough up $500-1,000 to attend John Rich’s benefit concert for the Dickson County Family YMCA.
Photo by morganlevy.
No related posts.