- Tennessee’s unemployment rate jumped from 9.4% to 9.6% last month. It’s still a bit higher than the national average of 8.9%. [WTVF]
- Lakewood city officials are trying to get a list of the 905 people who voted in this week’s election to dissolve the city charter and join Metro. Voters chose to dissolve it by just 11 votes and due to some suspected voter fraud the last time they voted on it, officials want to be certain all of the names are legit. [City Paper]
- State Senator Randy McNally of Oak Ridge is calling for the expulsion of the University of Memphis students who were arrested for disrupting a Senate committee meeting on labor union rights earlier this week. [City Paper]
- Predictably, more and more people are being arrested across the state for using bath salts as drugs. [WTVF]
- Another friendly reminder that the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office will be offering free sober rides between 10pm and 2am if you find yourself in a drunken bind. [WTVF]
Photo by Jon Erickson.