TGIF, Nashville. We know, we know, we talk about this weather a lot, but… Isn’t it amazing? Enjoy a weekend free of slush and ice (unless it’s in the form of a frozen treat) and if you’re looking for something fun to do, our top picks are below.
- Night Market. Nashville Farmer’s Market, 6-8pm, free admission (just pay for the goodies!). We’ve raved about how much we love the idea of Night Market before, but January’s event was the first we had the good fortune of actually attending. It didn’t disappoint. A packed house at the farmer’s market grazed tables with local cheese samples, boozy hot chocolate (and homemade marshmallows) and ate their fill of BBQ, gyros and naan. This month’s Night Market will feature more of the same, plus the return of Fleur de Lis Flavors, The Green Bag Lady and more! Tip: Bring cash.
- Over The Rhine Instore. Grimey’s, 5pm, free. Before they take the stage at 3rd & Lindsley on Sunday night, Over the Rhine will be playing an instore at Grimey’s this Saturday. The instore is free, but the Girl Scouts will also be there peddling their delicious cookies. Basically, you need to prepare for a wallop in the wallet (who can resist those Girl Scouts and their cookies? Not us).
- Vishnu: Hinduism’s Blue-Skinned Savior at the Frist. Frist Center, 10am-5:30pm, free. Saturday marks the last day of the almost month-long run of free admission at the Frist, so if you haven’t taken advantage of it yet, what are you waiting for?! Saturday also includes a free community preview of the Frist’s new exhibition, Vishnu: Hinduism’s Blue-Skinned Savior. Hear the curator’s perspective on the exhibit at 11am, and watch an accompanying dance performance at 1pm.
- 104-5 The Zone’s SportsFest. Nashville Convention Center, 8am-5pm, $5. From NASCAR to football to hockey, there’s something for every sports fan at Sportsfest. Speakers include NASCAR driver Sterling Marlin, UT Head Football Coach Derek Dooley, brand-new head coach of the Tennessee Titans Mike Munchak and more.
- Nashville Predators vs. Phoenix Coyotes. Bridgestone Arena, 7pm, ticket prices vary. Cheer on the Preds as they face the Coyotes for the final time this season. We’ve only got a couple months left of hockey season, so be sure to catch a game or two before it’s over!
- Swing Dance at the Farmer’s Market. Nashville Farmer’s Market, 1-4pm, free. It’s quite the busy weekend at the Nashville Farmer’s Market. Lace up your shoes and get your swing dancing on inside the Market House this Sunday afternoon.
Photo by hikeandhistory.