- We feel that Mayor Dean is simply not hardcore if he’s not out clearing snow with his John Deere tractor like the mayor of Minor Hill. [WSMV]
- Metro Schools will be closed for the third day this week on Wednesday, which is unfortunate as they used up their last allotted snow day today. [WTVF & WSMV]
- Members of the 107th General Assembly convened for the first time today, and Rep. Beth Harwell made history as the first woman elected Speaker of the House in Tennessee. [WTVF]
- The Alliance Defense Fund, a Christian advocacy group, says that Vanderbilt University is violating abortion laws by requiring nurse residency applicants to participate in abortion procedures. Vanderbilt says there’s no truth to the accusation. [Tennessean]
- Check out some of the news coverage from last night’s snowball fight on WKRN and News Channel 5. WSMV’s coverage is conspicuously absent, though we suspect it may have something to do with the part where we ambushed their news van, for the sake of tradition. Don’t hate us, WSMV!
Photo by wonderdawg777.
No related posts.