- Welp, the report cards are out and Metro failed to make Adequate Yearly Progress under No Child Left Behind. But! But. They were granted a special natural disaster waiver because of the flood and won’t face any major consequences. [City Paper]
- Williamson County Schools, however, did swimmingly as usual. [Tennessean]
- The other tidbit to come out of this report card is that more than half of all the state’s teachers who had their teaching licenses revoked this year were involved in inappropriate relationships and text message sex talk with students (can we call this sexting?) Gross! [WKRN]
- Nashville saw a 9% increase in fatal traffic accidents in 2010. Drive safe out there, friends! [WSMV]
- Coach Fisher stays! [City Paper]
- John Rich is strangely not playing at the pre-inauguration concert for Governor-elect Bill Haslam. But Bo Bice sure is. [Post Politics]
- Red Cross reeeaaalllly needs help providing the basics for the dozens of folks who have lost homes in fires over the past few months. [WKRN]
- Congrats to hometown hero Taylor Swift for being the top-selling, top-played artist of 2010. Remember that time she donated $500,000 to our flood relief fund? Haters to the left, you go girl, etc. [WTVF]
Photo by Jessica Lee.
No related posts.