Good morning, Nashville. With just three shopping days left until Christmas, National Weather Service has already begun cranking out their all-caps weather alerts about that snow we might be getting on Christmas day. Currently, they say we could get anywhere from 1-4 inches of snow, which would be Nashville’s first measurable Christmas snowfall in 17 years. But on the other hand, our friends at Nashville WX are aiming to stamp out our sledding hopes early because some of their models predict we won’t get anything but rain.
- Population growth. According to the latest census data, Tennessee’s population has grown more than 11% since 2000 and now contains 6.3 million of us. This makes us the 17th biggest state in the country.
- She’s a survivor. Rudrani Devi, the Nashvillian who was wounded in the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks, has made nearly a full recovery over the last two years and plans to run a marathon. She was shot in the leg, but managed to be among the four people who made it out alive.
- Bits & pieces. If you’re in town for New Year’s, they’ll be doing that guitar drop thing again this year … According to the TVA, peak energy demand was at 8am on December 14th … The Metro Council approved free parking for folks with hybrids … Speaking of parking, Garth fans were none too pleased by Central Parking’s decision to more than double their rates for concertgoers … The Metro Council scrapped a bill that would have revoked the agreement between Metro and Belmont University for the use of Rose Park … State troopers will be setting up more than 100 DUI checkpoints over the holidays.
Photo by Grey Street Girl.
- Opryland Shines Tonight For A Country Christmas Lighting Ceremony
- The Weekendist: It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
- Bright & Early: Christmas Creep Edition
- Christmas Parade With Red Noses & John Rich [Road Closures]