- The latest on this epic ice storm that we’re supposed to get, but probably won’t actually get because that’s how these things work around here: The bad weather won’t really kick in until the afternoon and will continue all night. Expect some schools to be closing early, probably. [Nashville WX]
- A sprinkler system inside of the Snodgrass Tennessee Tower burst this afternoon, flooding an electrical vault and shutting down power to several of the major buildings downtown. As of this evening, everyone is back up and running except for the Tennessee Tower, which will be closed tomorrow. [WKRN]
- Mayor Dean has asked all Metro boards and commissions, including the Convention Center Authority, to adopt written anti-discrimination policies that include sexual orientation and gender identity. [City Paper]
- The former manager of the Nashville West Blue Coast Burrito was charged with stealing nearly $19,000 from the store last year. [City Paper]
- Middle schoolers in Davidson County are lucky enough to have their exams postponed until after the holidays due to all this weather craziness. [City Paper]
Photo by Andy Gasparini.