TGIF! It’s the weekend, so without further ado, our top picks for this weekend are below. We’ll be adding more tonight, so feel free to chime in with your suggestions in the comments!
- Night Market. Nashville Farmer’s Market, 6:30-8pm. The Nashville Farmer’s Market is holding their second Night Market, an idea so brilliant we can hardly stand it. Lots of samples, a cash bar, “boozeballs” from Fleur de Lis, a mushroom-growing workshop and perusing the goods from over 40 merchants. With drinks. Perfect! Get out there and show your support, and maybe we’ll see more Night Markets in months to come.
- Craig Ferguson at TPAC. Polk Theater, 7pm & 9:45pm, $25-45. Late night talk show host Craig Ferguson is making an appearance in Nashville this weekend, and from hints on his Twitter account appears to be shooting a new stand-up special at TPAC. From the looks of things the 7pm show is sold out, but limited tickets are still available for the 9:45pm show… so get on it!
- Tennessee Rep’s A Christmas Story. Andrew Johnson Theater at TPAC, 7:30pm, $47.50. ‘Tis the season! Tennessee Repertory Theatre’s A Christmas Story opens on Saturday, back by popular demand! 24 hour television marathons are nice and all, but there’s nothing quite like seeing Ralphie’s adventures come to life right in front of your eyes. The show runs through December 18, and tickets are sure to go quick!
- Nashville Handmade Craft Fair. Harris-Hillman Special Education School, 2-6pm. Yes, it’s already time to think about Christmas shopping. Over 35 vendors will peddle their handmade and vintage wares Sunday afternoon, and the craft fair will also be accepting donations to benefit their host, Harris-Hillman Special Education School. Check out the Nashville Handmade blog HERE for fun sneak peeks of the crafty goodness you may encounter on Sunday.
Photo by urbanwoodchuck.
- The Weekendist: It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
- The Weekendist: “That” Time Of Year Edition
- The Weekendist: Full-Blown Fall Fest Edition
- The Weekendist: Madness In March Edition
- The Weekendist: Festivals Galore Edition