- Congratulations to us! Nashville-area unemployment hit 8.8% last month, which is the lowest we’ve seen it in a while. [Tennessean]
- Lane closures on I-40 around White Bridge are getting an early start this weekend. [WKRN]
- The MTA offices were found to be using a regular ol’ foghorn as a fire alarm because the real one hasn’t been working since the flood. [WSMV]
- BNA’s oldest runway will be reopening finally, which means there should be less traffic on the other runways from here on out. And if you live in the line of fire for the other three runways, you should be hearing a lot less noise. [WTVF]
- Jack Daniel’s distillery is hoping to convince Congress to create a national holiday commemorating their founder’s 160th birthday in September. The petition will be floating around Facebook and some bars, but you can also show your support by texting JDBday to 68405. [WSMV]
Photo by Dmitry Valberg.