- We’re getting some rain, and actually there’s a whole lot of it. The flash flood watch we mentioned this morning was upgraded to a warning and now extends to 1:15 AM. As a precaution, Metro has partially activated emergency services. [WPLN & Tennessean]
- Just east of here, Cookeville and surrounding areas are seeing even more rain than we are and some pretty nasty flooding to go along with it. Schools are closing, trains are derailing, etc. [WKRN]
- Even the Wilson County Fair shut things down for the night. They’re just not having a great year. [WSMV]
- And you may have heard that today marked the 90th anniversary of the vote to ratify the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote. What you may not know is that Tennessee played a pretty major role. [WPLN]
- Meanwhile, State Rep. Glen Casada is “dressing down” his 19-year old son for streaking through a Franklin subdivision. [Tennessean]
- We also learned today that Davidson County is very litter-y. [City Paper]
Photo by ryan2013.
No related posts.