- As predicted, Mayor Dean announced today at a press conference that he’s going to try to divert some hotel tax revenue to help pay for repairs to the Grand Old Opry House, which he says is more important than the Opryland Hotel. [WPLN]
- Stanford University is threatening us with talk of future heat waves that will put this one to shame because the climates are a-changin’. [WSMV]
- We knew there was an ulterior motive when we heard about the big, free World Cup bash at LP Field on Sunday. Apparently it’s all about making Nashville look good for the Powers That Be who decide where future World Cups are played since Nashville is in the running. But wait, this is an ulterior motive that we fully support. To LP Field! [City Paper]
- In case you’re looking for something to do this weekend and you’re just not into soccer, you could try out for the Milwaukee Brewers! We just realized that even if we wanted to, we’re too old, which is very depressing. [WSMV]
- Bellevue is running out of money to help flood victims. If you’re still checking out places to donate, you might consider helping these guys out. [Tennessean]
Photo by pr9000.
No related posts.