- So how about those storms that rolled through town today and brought some baseball-sized hail with them? Too soon? [WKRN]
- Some businesses in Cool Springs including Belk and Macy’s are doing their part by offering generous discounts to flood victims. [WKRN]
- Kids at an East Nashville elementary school drew their flood memories as a way to get their feelings on paper. The results were all over the spectrum. [WPLN]
- This might be one of our favorite flood videos yet, courtesy of a Vanderbilt freshman with a sense of humor who found himself stranded on I-24 with his parents, waving goodbye to the family van. [YouTube]
- This one is not quite as funny, but it’s sort of terrifying and impressive at the same time. The Charlotte Pike Pep Boys flooding was actually caught on security camera. [Tennessean]
- Hate crimes in Tennessee dropped 14 percent in 2009, so hooray for that! [WZTV]
- The University of Tennessee issued Al Gore an honorary degree this morning, which attracted some predictable protests. [WSMV]
Photo by Malcolm MacGregor.