- Tennessee’s Chief Medical Examiner was busted for felony marijuana possession today while staying at a hotel in Mississippi. Predictably, the state immediately terminated his contract and he’s on 90-day suspension as Chief Medical Examiner for the city of Nashville. [WKRN]
- Another reminder that DUI checkpoints have been set up around the city today. No, this does not mean that you should avoid the checkpoints. Yes, this does mean that you should not drive drunk. If you find yourself in a pinch, the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office is offering sober rides until 2am if you call 862-RIDE. [WTVF]
- And OH THANK GOODNESS the Fishtanks In Barbershops bill passed! [WTVF]
- A waterway near the airport was found to be “polluted to the point that I could find only sewage fungus and black sludge when examining the stream for indicators of healthy biology,” according to a representative of the Tennessee Department of Environment. Unfortunately, some federally endangered crayfish were also found dead and the pollution comes from airplane de-icing. [Tennessean]
- Two bank robbery suspects, one dressed as a leprechaun, were killed this afternoon after allegedly holding up a bank in Gallatin. [WTVF]
Photo by victorjames615.