- A new bill is being introduced in the Tennessee legislature that would legalize medical marijuana for people with certain medical conditions for $60 per ounce. [WKRN]
- In the wake of announcing more than 1,000 layoffs in the state government, Governor Phil says he considered shutting state offices down every other Friday and furloughing employees instead. [WTVF]
- The TVA is still maintaining that their ash spill cleanup in Kingston is going well and is not posing a safety risk to anyone or anything. Something about the words “potentially toxic” and “laced with arsenic” does not compute in our minds, but we’ll take their word for it. [WTVF]
- Thanks to all the winter weather, TDOT is having to stretch their budget by cutting back on things like picking up litter and mowing medians, which should make for some beautiful highways in the meantime. [WSMV]
- The Davidson County Sheriff’s Department has a $10,000 shiny new toy that will help them to better track sex offenders using iris scan technology. [WTVF]
- Tennessee is not doing so well. [WSMV]
Photo by fallingwater123.
No related posts.