- Facing the wrath of All Of Tennessee, Rep. Curry Todd insists that he’s not actually trying to close bars after midnight and that the bill is just a drastic attention-grabbing ploy to address some other issues so could we please simmer down and stop with all the angry calls and emails already, thank you very much. [WPLN]
- In the latest attempt to make up for that enormous revenue shortage, the Tennessee state Senate voted to renew the special tax on beer and soft drinks, which goes to clean up all of the littered empty containers that once contained beer and soft drinks. [WTVF]
- Oh, but the senate does officially hate Michael Jackson. They wouldn’t even pass that resolution crowning him as the King of Pop today, can you believe that? [WPLN]
- Mayor Dean and Metro Police Chief Ronal Serpas visited the Al-Farooq Mosque today to “express their concern that this crime occurred” and to assure the victims that this act doesn’t represent our city in any way. [WKRN]
- John Mayer gave a blubbering, tearful apology at last night’s Sommet Center show for some awful things he said in a Playboy interview and it was very awkward. So naturally we will direct you to the Youtube video in case you’ve not already seen it during your travels around the internet today. [WKRN]
Photo by Grey Street Girl.