- A local church put together and sent out 10,000 health kits to help with the relief work in Haiti. [WSMV]
- Friends and neighbors of the family that was killed in a duplex fire this morning are hoping to come together and raise some money for the two surviving children. Five people, including the parents and three children, were killed in the early-morning blaze and a 3-year old and 7-year old are hospitalized at Vanderbilt. [WKRN]
- The Preds and the Sommet finally reached some sort of compromise on the naming deal, so the center will keep its current moniker. We’re just happy we don’t have to read about either party lobbing IRS accusations at the other for now. [Nashville Post]
- Brace yourselves for Snowpocalypse part deux! Maybe. [City Paper]
- After some poking around, the folks at WSMV discovered that a new Opryland theme park may not be out of the question now that Gaylord is trying to beef up its operations to remain competitive with the new convention center. We haven’t been around here long enough to remember the old one, but we understand this would be a big deal. [WSMV]
Photo by Neuski.