- Nashville survived the latest round of cuts to join a list of 18 cities who are still being considered for hosting the 2018 or 2022 World Cup. [WPLN]
- An air traffic control tower burst into flames at the Nashville Airport this afternoon and shut down the whole airport! … Okay, fine. There was a small fire in an air traffic control tower at the Nashville Airport and six flights were delayed for 45 minutes. Thankfully no one was injured. [WZTV]
- The State Senate voted to delay the paper ballot requirement for voting machines until the 2012 election cycle and voting advocates were none too pleased. [Tennessean]
- There are a bunch of dead bodies at Rivergate Mall, though it’s probably not what you think. [Nashville Is Talking]
- The Better Business Bureau of Tennessee concluded that 2009 was a tough year for scams across the state. [WKRN]
Photo by Peppysis.